It’s 10:30, do you know where your children are? Unless you don’t have any in which case safe. I know it’s late and we’ve not been the up to date dudes you know and love but shiiiiiit tings are busy in real life (check me out I’m doing a 12hr shift right now, I’m working harder than a honey bee, b).
Tonight’s entertainment comes in the form of Boston/Brooklyn based duo ‘Notoriety’. I was told Notoriety serves as a how-to on how to produce good U.S hip-hop, and I have to say they lived up to the claim.
Notoriety – Road Trippin’, Kool-Aid Sippin’, Chicken, Beef Patties, And Herb (Hosted by CR The Beast):
01. Road Trippin’, Kool-Aid Sippin’, Chicken, Beef Patties, And Herb (Produced by ID Labs)
02. Dusty Piano Feat. Rapper Big Pooh of Little Brother (Produced by G. Way)
03. Say Grace (Produced by Kanye West)
04. Déjà Vu (Produced by The Technician)
05. In It To Win It (Produced by The Technician)
06. People Talkin’ (Produced by The Technician)
07. Stoopid High (Produced by The Technician)
08. Things Go Wrong (Produced by The Technician)
09. Dynamite (Produced by The Technician)
10. No Love (Produced by The Technician)
11. Put Me Through (Produced by The Technician)
12. Get ‘Em High Feat. Joe Scudda (Produced by The Technician)
13. Somewhere Else (Produced by Tone Tracks)
15. High Goals (Produced by G. Way)
Connect with Notoriety: www.gainingnotoriety.comwww.twitter.com/notorietymusic
Notoriety is a two man group consisting of emcees Vital Silveira: Vydle Sinez and Charles Monfort: Incredible Chuck. Growing up down the street from each other, Vydle and Chuck had been close friends, almost like brothers, since the two were children. Each had come in connection with their passion for music at an early age as the pair had unique/individual talents to showcase this – Chuck rapping/…beatboxing on the street and in talent shows, and Vydle rhyming /developing a matured flow early on. As the years built, the friendship grew, and the abilities escalated, Notoriety soon emerged in 2009.
Along with several singles, Notoriety currently has three mixtapes (not including the new release) available for download: “The Toast”, “The J.A.M. (Just A Mixtape)” and “Part Deux (Hosted By Statik Selektah)” which was released on Valentine’s Day of 2011. The group writes daily, records weekly, and all production, recording, mixing/mastering, and business takes place in-house, independently. As surreal as it seems, Notoriety stays humble and remains proud to be able to do what they love, even having a fan base that consistently gives approval.