Last night myself (Aimee) and our in-house beatboxer Matt recorded our first in hopefully a series of podcasts showcasing new and classic hip-hop hosted by, yeah you’ve guested it www.hiphoplifeandtimes.com. We concentrate on mainly underground hip-hop from the UK and international, and the better releases that we’ve been sent or reviewed over the last few weeks. We’ll hopefully be interviewing artists within the hip-hop scene in our up and coming podcasts, so keep checking back to see what’s going on. Anyway I really hope you enjoy this and listen to the over episodes over the next couple months. Listen to it when you’re in the bath, on the train, having a run or trying to forget your hangover. We’re so multi-purpose.
In this episode we talk about whether the UK has ever had a group that could touch the level of success and notoriety of Wu-Tang, why I’m not a fan of Busta Rhymes anymore, demonstrate the diversity of the South West UK scene, talk about Mr-T’s brief but fantastic rap career, and I even try to pass off ‘weeped’ as a word. Click on the track listing to go to artist’s music page, some are free, some aren’t. But you should really give them all your money either way.
You can now download it for free or stream it at Archives.org. Click this link to go to the site. You can stream it on the right of the page, and download it on the left if you click the words ‘VBR Zip’. It’s just that easy.
1) Aspects – Top Choice (Album: Correct English)
2) DatKid – Home By 8 (Album: Home By 8)
3) A Tribe Called Quest – Scenario Featuing Leaders Of The New School (Album: The Low End Theory)
4) Doomtree – Beacon (Album: No Kings)
5) Book Thieves – Smiles and Cries Featuring Illiterate of Concept of Thought (Prod. Fredo) (Album: Why Do We Do This Everyday?)
6) B-iLLA – Move Back Featuring Big Dutty Deeze (Album: illa Than Most)
7) X-Ecutioners – A Journey Into Sound Featuring Kenny Muhammad (Album: Built From Scratch)
8) SGT Over – Martial Arts Featuring Physical Graffiti & Early Grey (Album: Uncut Diamonds)
9) Three Headed Beast – Swimming With Sharks (Album: Three Headed Beast)
10) Beautiful Eulogy – Covet (Album: Satellite Kite)
11) RZA – Grits Featuring Allah Real & Masta Killa (Album: The Birth Of a Prince)
12) Too Many Ts – It Ain’t Right Featuring Alena (Soon to be released mixtape)
13) The Four Owls – Burning Vapour (Album: Nature’s Greatest Mystery)
14) Jae Apollo – All The Right Mistakes (Album: All The Right Mistakes)
This is so dope Every week !
I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having
a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not 100% sure. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi there! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you’ve right here on this post.
I will likely be coming again to your blog for more soon.
Thanks for finally talking about >Hip-Hop Life & Times Podcast 1!
| hiphoplifeandtimes <Loved it!
Glad you liked it man! We’ll be doing some new ones soon!
Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve truly
loved surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing in your feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!
If some one wants expert view concerning blogging then i suggest him/her to visit this webpage, Keep up the pleasant job.